Sunday 16 April 2017

Sellars Myth of the Given (top ideas and tools in philosophy)

If I had to name one tool or idea in analytical philosophy to write about today, I would have to say, hands down, it is due to Sellars. The Myth of The Given earned Sellars a stellar place in the pantheon of technical analytic philosophy. And with the new conceptual tools of Frege-Russell logic and those after it (Jaako Hintikka comes to mind), we are in an unparalleled age. When you think about it, that's pretty exciting. Some of my top 20 ideas in philosophy include:

- Sellars myth of the given.
- Rorty's irony and truth theory.
- Wittgenstein's tool analogy, parallelled in Heidegger amazingly
- Husserlian phenomenology.

With these tools, I home to make a difference in my, and other people's, lives.

Image result for money capeImage result for explosions

No comments:

Post a Comment