Sunday 24 December 2017

Various Christmas Points

Recent events have led me to produce this Christmas blog post. I would like to list the following points:

- Triple-blind review
- WIttgenstein would not survive today
- RIP Jerry Fodor
- Philosophy is not such a method as a way of living
- My dog Jocone has reading Justin Weinberg articles and growing bigger everyday.
- Thanking Brian Leiter for wishing us a Merry Christmas.
- Histphil behooves us to think deeper about our own methodological presuppositions.
- Reading the history of philosophy, I was sruck by how many perspectives we have "silences".
- Philosophy for childrean
- An "existential threat" to our higher education impulses.
- Please do not make any false or inaccurate comments in the comments.

Thank you all for reading the Philosophy Metablog this year, and I will wish you a happy new one in the year to come. Please do not make any errors in the comments. This has been happening more and more recently and even little Jocone is beginning to wilt under all the strain.

Image result for christmas professor
"I have a 4-3 teaching load too!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. I have been eating Christmas Chocolate all day! Not very philosophical :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one am not biting. People keep telling us that it's Christmas, that we need triple blind and to talk to childrean about philosophy, but the basic elephant in the room is never discussed: we do not have the same ideas or opportunities as existed in philosophy nary a decade ago. Things are changing fast, and I for one welcome it, although it has been hard on me and some of my philosophy friends. Maybe we all need to start learning HTML and thinking about other possibilities.

    Year, merry christmas indeed. Sorry about the tone of this post, but the OP asked for no inaccuracies, and I for one am not biting.

    ReplyDelete